Thursday 9 February 2012

I'm giving you the power

This is me:

Thank god for photo editing software!

I last had a haircut in December 2010. That's right; nearly 14 months ago. As a result, I'm currently rocking Season 6-Buffy-climbing-out-of-her-grave hair. In non-slayer speak what that means is I have hair that's dry, frizzy, full of split ends and which spends most of its time either in 2 plaits or scraped back into a ponytail.

This isn't how I want my hair to be.

In my life before children, my hair was always a source of self-expression. I had fun experimenting with different lengths, colours, styles and accessories and if something didn't suit me, it didn't matter because the great thing about hair is it always grows back, or the colour can be changed, or you can add a fringe/layers.

You can change how you feel about yourself simply by changing your hairstyle.

My hair doesn't make me feel good; I need a change so I'm giving YOU the power to choose a new hairstyle for me.

Here's how it works:
  1. Read my points-to-bear-in-mind
  2. Take a look at the styles I've chosen
  3. Vote for your favourite style in the poll on the right-hand side of my blog
Points to bear in mind:

  • I have thick, heavy hair.
  •  
  • I don't own a hairdryer or hair straighteners. I won't be buying either of these things. I'm a minimal fuss kind of gal and I don't have the time or inclination to sit in front of a mirror making my hair either full of volume or poker straight. I like to roughly towel dry my hair, run a brush through it (or not) and then leave it to dry naturally.
  •  
  • I don't own any hair products (although I'm prepared to invest in some) so I don't want a style that requires me to put loads of goop or spray in my hair.
  •  
Choose a hairstyle for me:

OPTION 1) SHORT & SHAGGY





OPTION 2) SHOULDER LENGTH, LAYERED & A LIGHT FRINGE

 
 



OPTION 3) LONG, LAYERED & A LONG FRINGE
 
 
 

 

 





 

 


You have until midnight on Friday 17 February 2012 to place your vote in the poll. Whichever style receives the most votes is the style I'll be asking a hairdresser to reproduce on my hair.

Happy voting! 

29 comments:

Rebecca English said...

I'd say number 3 just because you haven't had a haircut for a long time and the others will be such a shock. I'm the same wi hair cuts, I get about threes year. Low maintenance girl.

Anonymous said...

Short and shaggy no3 :~)

Mummy Plum said...

Number 3 because at least then you can still tie it back or put it up if you need to.
I like the No 1 styles but am not convinced that they won't need 'styling' ie, hairdryer/ straighteners.

But, I am a woman who has never had her hair short and always had it long...so maybe I'm not the best person to give advice!)

Missing Sleep said...

Number 1 in red looks gorgeous has my vote! x

onlyfivefingers said...

Ok missus, all things considered #3 I reckon.. anything else maybe just too high maintenance and require the use of styling machinery(think that's what you ladies call your blowy / straightnery equipment?).. Btw I have scissors (or at least my Edward Scissorhands glove) ... I can sort it, have faith !! x

The Last Slayer said...

I wish I had the spare cash to go more often - when I was younger, I used to go to the hairdressers every 6 weeks. I have no idea how I managed to afford it!! I'm not worried about going from long to short as I've done it before - I just really want whichever cut wins to make me feel fantastic!

The Last Slayer said...

I have to confess that short & shaggy is my favourite, as I want to try and avoid having a cut which ends up stuck in a ponytail all the time. But I agree the longer style will probably be more low maintenance, as the shaggier style will prob need some kind of product in it.

The Last Slayer said...

Yes I love the thought of going shorter as well but I will defer to whichever wins the public's votes ;-)

The Last Slayer said...

Hey! You're back! Woop, woop! I think I'll be entrusting my locks to an actual hairdresser though :-D

Mammasaurus said...

Numero 3 ! No. 1 will be more high maintenance than it looks and no. 2 will make you look old ;)

Tamsin said...

I like short & shaggy. Had the chop last yr (my hair is v thick and wavy) and have had loads of compliments. My hairdresser usually blowdries and straightens it but I just let it run wild ;-) I use a bit of Frizz Ease serum stuff but not every time. Looking forward to seeing the result!

bluebirdsunshine said...

I say number 1. You haven't had a cut in so long you may as well go for it and make a big change. I think the style will really suit your face shape and you could either spend a minute doing it if you want to look glamatron or leave it to dry shaggy style. I vote 1! Hope we get to see the final 'after' pic too!

The Last Slayer said...

Number 3 is definitely proving popular :-)

The Last Slayer said...

I have to admit I'm excited by the thought I could be chopping a lot of hair off! We'll have to see which style wins though :-)

The Last Slayer said...

Yes, I'll definitely be doing a follow up post with an 'after' pic so I can prove I stuck to the outcome of the poll :-)

Jude Wharton said...

I would have said 1 but in my experience short hair needs styling to look good so I've said 2. Good luck and hope you like what you go for :) J x

The Last Slayer said...

Thank you. Am looking forward to finding out which style wins :-)

Unknown said...

I vote for option 1 - partly cos I think you need a fringe
But I'm sure you'll look good with whichever of the 3 styles you go for - and anything would be better than 'Season 6-Buffy-climbing-out-of-her-grave hair' ;-)

A Little Light Work said...

If a full-on Marie Antoinette powdered pompadour is out of the question, I'd go for that first one of the girl with Buffy written next to her. Only a bit less shaggy. Have just noticed that I'm on your list of favourite places. You. Are. Sweet.

A Little Light Work said...

PS I rather like it as it is...

Anonymous said...

Number one! number one - just cos I like it

Unknown said...

Option 1 because this is a radical change and we sometimes need it x

The Last Slayer said...

hehe! Yes! Dry and decaying is not a look I aspire to!

The Last Slayer said...

I don't think I could really carry off a powdered pompadour so I'm accepting your vote for the short style. And yes, your blog is one of my favourites but I'm really slacking lately so I reckon there's loads to catch up :-D

The Last Slayer said...

Aw, thank you x

The Last Slayer said...

A totally valid reason :-D

The Last Slayer said...

You've summed that up perfectly. Yes, I think a radical change may be just what I need x

Curtis Mchale said...

Agree with those who vote for number 3. Long hair does not need high maintenance. It is good because you don't want to spend too much on styling equipment. But, number 1 also looks nice. But, be warned, not many girls can pull off a short hair.

Stela Dimitrov said...

I vote for option #2! Shoulder length hair can make your thick and heavy hair feel lighter. And you won’t need too many products to style it. You can just comb your hair anyway you like. What’s more, that style can make your face look younger.

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates