Friday, 5 April 2013

Actors you fancy ... but only in one particular role

Inspired by this thread on Mumsnet, I started thinking about the actors I fancy but only in one particular role. I was actually quite surprised at some of the people that made my list as at the time, I was absolutely devoted to them. Fast forward quite a few years and I can see it was the character they played that attracted me to them rather than their actual looks, if that makes sense?

Here are my top 10 - in no particular order - I wonder how my list compares to yours?

Top Left:  Charles Dance as Twyin Lannister in Game of Thrones 
Top Right: Hugh Laurie as Dr Gregory House in House  
Bottom Left: Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Bottom Right:  Alexis Denisof as Wesley Wyndam-Pryce in Angel 

Top Left: Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls in Veronica Mars
Top Right: James Marsters as Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Bottom Left: Sean Bean as Ned Stark in Game of Thrones 
Bottom Right: Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon in The Walking Dead

Left: Daniel Craig as James Bond
Right: David Boreanaz as Special Agent Seeley Booth in Bones

I imagine there's a couple of names on there that may have surprised you. I was certainly shocked to realise I didn't actually fancy David Boreanaz as Angel! I think he's matured really well though and has definitely grown into his looks. 

I also can't quite believe Charles Dance is on my list but it's not so much that I fancy him - honest! Before Game of Thrones, I never could take him seriously, as I always felt his acting was over the top and his characters like caricatures. However, as Tywin Lannister, he exudes power, authority and intellect and I realise I've underestimated his abilities. I do look at him quite differently now.

So who is on your list? Is there anyone in common with mine?  Please say I'm not alone in some of my choices!


Anonymous said...

The first one who came to my mind is Vin Diesel as Riddick. I can't sit through any other movie he is in but he portrays Riddick in such a way I cannot imagine anyone else playing him

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates