Friday 5 April 2013

Actors you fancy ... but only in one particular role

Inspired by this thread on Mumsnet, I started thinking about the actors I fancy but only in one particular role. I was actually quite surprised at some of the people that made my list as at the time, I was absolutely devoted to them. Fast forward quite a few years and I can see it was the character they played that attracted me to them rather than their actual looks, if that makes sense?

Here are my top 10 - in no particular order - I wonder how my list compares to yours?


Top Left:  Charles Dance as Twyin Lannister in Game of Thrones 
Top Right: Hugh Laurie as Dr Gregory House in House  
Bottom Left: Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Bottom Right:  Alexis Denisof as Wesley Wyndam-Pryce in Angel 


Top Left: Jason Dohring as Logan Echolls in Veronica Mars
Top Right: James Marsters as Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Bottom Left: Sean Bean as Ned Stark in Game of Thrones 
Bottom Right: Michael Rooker as Merle Dixon in The Walking Dead
 

Left: Daniel Craig as James Bond
Right: David Boreanaz as Special Agent Seeley Booth in Bones

I imagine there's a couple of names on there that may have surprised you. I was certainly shocked to realise I didn't actually fancy David Boreanaz as Angel! I think he's matured really well though and has definitely grown into his looks. 

I also can't quite believe Charles Dance is on my list but it's not so much that I fancy him - honest! Before Game of Thrones, I never could take him seriously, as I always felt his acting was over the top and his characters like caricatures. However, as Tywin Lannister, he exudes power, authority and intellect and I realise I've underestimated his abilities. I do look at him quite differently now.

So who is on your list? Is there anyone in common with mine?  Please say I'm not alone in some of my choices!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first one who came to my mind is Vin Diesel as Riddick. I can't sit through any other movie he is in but he portrays Riddick in such a way I cannot imagine anyone else playing him

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates