Thursday, 18 July 2013

Three Good Things

I've been struggling with what to write this week, as the hot weather has really wiped me out and all I want to do is moan, moan, moan, but let's face it - no-one wants to hear that!

Fortunately, I read this post by one of my most very favourite bloggers, Liz at Margot and Barbara. The first in a weekly series, Liz explains why she decided to introduce this feature and what she hopes to achieve from it:

Three Good Things is inspired by ongoing conversations I have with friends and from re-reading sections of The Happiness Project. It’s about focussing on what I do have in my life, instead of what I don’t have.

Each week, I shall choose three things to share. Things that have made me happy, made me smile, brought me a bit of joy or peace and made me grateful for the life that I have.

I can totally see how Three Good Things will help you to focus on the best bits of your week and that's something I need right now. Also, how cool is Liz's strawberries photo?!


Here are mine:

One


Somebody asked me what my favourite food is today. My answer? Pudding!

And this particular icecream was perfect to cool me down! So good in fact that I savoured it over 2 nights rather than scarffling it down in one go!

Now that is an achievement for me!







Two

My new feature starts this week - tomorrow in fact! Remember when I called for guest posts? Well, I'm really excited about sharing the inspirational women you've been telling me about. I'm hoping it will be an uplifting celebration of womankind and a reminder that inspiration can come from anyone, anywhere.

Three

After featuring Redemption by Erica Hayes in my Teaser Tuesday post, I was gobsmacked when Erica herself tweeted me to say thank you!


 This is why I love twitter! Totally put a smile on my face!

For more Three Good Things posts, why not pop along and read:

Espresso Coco

Hello Kirsty

Leeds & Me

Lady Lugosi

Spider's Filthy Assistant

And if you join in, don't forget to let Liz know in the comments section of her Three Good Things post.

2 comments:

margot-and-barbara.com said...

Hello! I love this post - especially the pudding bit (I'm so obvious) and thank you so much for joining in xxxx

Ruthy Williams said...

It's lovely when an author responds to you on Twitter isn't it? I had a couple of tweets from Nigel Slater earlier this year and I was absolutely thrilled to bits x

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates