Saturday 28 April 2012

New hair

Back at the beginning of February, I gave you the power to choose my new hairstyle. After the poll closed and the votes were counted, life (and 2 poorly children) managed to get in the way so I didn't actually make it to the hairdresser's until yesterday.

Are you ready to see the result?

Before:


After:



The hairdresser must have cut off a good 6 inches of hair and it felt like a weight lifted from my shoulders when she did it. I feel lighter, brighter and much more fun.

This is actually the sleek and straightened version as styled by my hairdresser but honestly? I'm never going to style my hair this way. Not because I don't like it but because I don't have a hairdryer or the patience to do it! Instead, I'll be making the most of the layers she put in and I'll be rocking a much more out-of-bed messy look.

Next time, I think I'll get her to take an extra inch off the bottom so my hair stops either at chin-level or just below it; a bit more "bob" like. Of course that's assuming I manage to get back there in a few months rather than in 16!

The voting results were as follows:

Short and shaggy: 17 votes
Shoulderlength: 9 votes
Long and layered: 5 votes

11 comments:

Mammasaurus said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Unknown said...

My God, you look just like your mum!!! Looks great; it's shortened the length of your face and makes you look younger x

Claire said...

I love it! It really suits you! Looking good ;)

Charlotte said...

It looks great! Really suits you!

Clara said...

Really really lovely! A transformation.

Katriina said...

Love your new do! A successful trip to the hairdresser is like a new lease on life, isn't it!

The Last Slayer said...

Thank you for all your lovely comments everyone! I'm glad everyone likes it, after all, your votes chose it! I gave it its first wash this morning and it was so weird to feel how much less hair there was to run shampoo through! Am sure I'll quickly get used to that :-)

Unknown said...

Amazing transformation!

Mummy Plum said...

I wondered what had happened to the planned revamp...I obviously missed this post. Hurrah for you. You look FABULOUS! I love it. You might have even inspired me to sort my mop out.

Mummy Plum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mummy Plum said...

I only deleted this as I didn't think the first comment had shown up, and then it had! Sorry for messing your comments about!

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates