This is me:
|Thank god for photo editing software!|
I last had a haircut in December 2010. That's right; nearly 14 months ago. As a result, I'm currently rocking Season 6-Buffy-climbing-out-of-her-grave hair. In non-slayer speak what that means is I have hair that's dry, frizzy, full of split ends and which spends most of its time either in 2 plaits or scraped back into a ponytail.
This isn't how I want my hair to be.
In my life before children, my hair was always a source of self-expression. I had fun experimenting with different lengths, colours, styles and accessories and if something didn't suit me, it didn't matter because the great thing about hair is it always grows back, or the colour can be changed, or you can add a fringe/layers.
You can change how you feel about yourself simply by changing your hairstyle.
My hair doesn't make me feel good; I need a change so I'm giving YOU the power to choose a new hairstyle for me.
Here's how it works:
- Read my points-to-bear-in-mind
- Take a look at the styles I've chosen
- Vote for your favourite style in the poll on the right-hand side of my blog
Points to bear in mind:
- I have thick, heavy hair.
- I don't own a hairdryer or hair straighteners. I won't be buying either of these things. I'm a minimal fuss kind of gal and I don't have the time or inclination to sit in front of a mirror making my hair either full of volume or poker straight. I like to roughly towel dry my hair, run a brush through it (or not) and then leave it to dry naturally.
- I don't own any hair products (although I'm prepared to invest in some) so I don't want a style that requires me to put loads of goop or spray in my hair.
Choose a hairstyle for me:
OPTION 1) SHORT & SHAGGY
OPTION 2) SHOULDER LENGTH, LAYERED & A LIGHT FRINGE
You have until midnight on Friday 17 February 2012 to place your vote in the poll. Whichever style receives the most votes is the style I'll be asking a hairdresser to reproduce on my hair.