Thursday 8 March 2012

Making a comeback

It's been 2 and a 1/2 weeks since I fell ill and I'm only starting to make my way back to full health now. I can safely say it's been a really dismal, depressing ride and not one I care to repeat anytime soon.

So what's been wrong with me? Well, both myself and the toddler woke up from an afternoon nap with aches, pains, throbbing headaches, horrible coughs and a general feeling of ickiness. Toddler's temperature quickly turned into a fever and I had no time to think about looking after myself; he was my priority.

Although it was a relief when toddler's fever broke a couple of days later, the baby fell ill and my worry transferred from one child to the other. I spent a good 4 days constantly nursing, as all he wanted to do was feed and comfort suckle in his sleep and while I was glad he was able to rest and recover, all the extra breastfeeding put my body under pressure it couldn't really handle and I started having nosebleeds and feeling like I was falling apart.

After a week, I found my illness changing and it turned into lots of sinus pain - concentrated in the area behind my eyebrows - and some very piercing head pains when I moved. Thankfully, this has all passed but at the time, I felt like my head was full of so much pressure that it could easily split apart.

Probably the most "entertaining" symptom I had was a loss of a lot of my hearing due to my ears becoming blocked. I say entertaining because I seemed to spend a lot of time having to ask husband to repeat himself and then having to guess whether he was truly repeating what he'd said or whether he was spinning an alternate version to see if I'd fall for it or not. As a general rule, if he tried to convince me he'd been declaring his loving feelings to me, he was fibbing. He is not a man that voluntarily speaks about love!

So where am I now? I still can't hear very well but it's definitely a lot better than it was. Everything else has cleared up, apart from a tickly cough at night, and I'm trying to build myself back up, find some semblance of normality and generally feel like my life is back under my control. That's not too much to ask, is it?

5 comments:

Rebecca English said...

Oh no! Poor you. Sounds like a bad few weeks. I did think I hadnt seen you round recently. Glad you're on the mend.

bluebirdsunshine said...

You poor chicken, get better soon!

Mummy Plum said...

Oh no - that sounds awful, glad to hear you're on the mend. x

Ossa said...

Yes I agree blocked ear is very entertaining. :p

Clara said...

So pleased you're back on your feet again - but hope you're taking it a bit easy and have a lovely relaxing weekend ahead! x

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates