Thursday 17 November 2011

Commercial break : 10 questions

It's impossible to write a blog without also venturing into the always welcoming, extremely chatty and sometimes naughty, online blogging community. 

I've been incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to get to know some fascinating people and I hope to get to know a whole lot more.

I've found myself tagged by Jenny at Cheetahs In My Shoes to answer 10 questions about me. Here we go:

1. Describe yourself in 7 words

Quirky, loner, imaginative, affectionate, loyal, colourful, nosey!

2. What keeps you awake at night?

At the moment, it's definitely twitter! However, the baby comes a close second!

3. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why?

Real life:
If he was still alive, I would jump at the chance to be Freddie Mercury for the day. I have (I believe!) every Queen album and have watched many documentaries about them and about Freddie himself. I find him fascinating and would love to have had first-hand experience of what he was like day to day. They are still one of the only bands to which I find myself not only singing along to the words of each song, but also singing Brian's guitar solos. This is my benchmark for a "good" band.



Fictional life:
There are far more fictional characters that I would love to be for a day; most notably Buffy Anne Summers. Yes, I admit it, I'm a sucker for a strong female character who has fight training and weapons!


4. What are you wearing right now?

A black and grey striped jumper, black ski pants, and black and red socks with snowflakes over them. God, I feel bland.

As much as I'd love to look like Sarah Michelle Gellar:


I know my style is actually Sue Heck, a character from the tv programme The Middle:



But you know what? I'm okay with that. I'm championing Geek Chic!

5. What scares you?

Creepy crawlies! The thought that a spider could climb into my mouth, or nose, or ear when I'm sleeping and I wouldn't know about it until it was too late!

6. What is the best and worst about blogging?

The best is being able to put my inner thoughts out there and to then find out, I'm not alone and that lots of other people feel the same way I do! I am normal!

The worst is the commitment it takes; however, I don't think I'd feel that way if I didn't feel like I'm spread quite thin at the moment. Finding the time to sit and write is very much a challenge for me and it's not easy trying to type with a snoozy baby laid across my lap!

7. What was the last website you looked at?

It was Etsy - I was hunting around for crafty inspiration amongst people that actually craft and don't just think about it and trawl the net like I do!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

A characteristic : I would change myself from being a procrastinator into a do-er.

Physically : Perter boobs would be lovely. Breastfeeding 2 children is taking its toll.

9. Slankets - Yes or No?

Definitely no. But I would say yes to this: cuddly fleece onesie

10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you

Jenny is a married mum of 2 and responsible for a pair of *whispers* imaginary *speaks normally again* cheetahs. She collects random objects in not one, but many, handbags and bakes delicious cakes that make me drool a lot!

Now to the important bit - the rules
Answer 10 questions, tag someone to do the same. Then come back to the original post by Super Amazing Mum and leave a comment.

I’m going to tag Liz at Margot and Barbara because I've been twittering away to her today and she's lovely and I'd like to find out more about her. Phew! That was a lot of "and's".

Right, I'm off to comment on Super Amazing Mum's post but I'll be back soon xx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your answers! I was a HUGE fan of Buffy when I was at college - all the box sets, action figures, magazines, you name it. I can completely understand the impact it had on you. I felt it too.

Plus - many of your answers feel very close to how I feel. Doing instead of thinking about doing, trying to juggle everything. I'm with you. And I LOVE Sue Heck...and all of The Middle actually ( and Outnumbered, both shows make me feel as though our lives are really pretty good really!

Anonymous said...

Geek chic rules! ;-)

Adventures of a Middle-aged Matron said...

Fascinating stuff! You're not quite as scary as your Twitter name makes you sound. Twitter keeps me awake too. Not because I'm up all hours tweeting but because hache tags and tweet echoes teem through my dreams.

Penny P.S. and A Residence said...

Hey, what a great way to 'meet' you and your blog, feel like I know you a bit better now. Like your seven words, I found it really tricky!

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates