Thursday 8 December 2011

12 days of Buffy : I, robot...you, Jane


Just a quick post tonight because the baby is ridiculously overtired and screaming very loudly in my ear!

What I should be writing about is how "I robot...you, Jane" reminds us that we never really know who we might be talking to over the internet. In this case, it turns out "Malcolm", the 18 year old boy that Willow has fallen for after several lengthy online conversations, is actually Moloch the Corruptor; a demon that had been imprisoned in a book but was inadvertently released into cyberspace when the book contents were scanned onto the computer.

At the very least I should be talking about how modern technology like computers, CCTV and mobile phones has changed our day to day lives.


Instead, what I'm going to say is...LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT COMPUTER!!!!! It's a beast!

It's weird to think computers and mobile phones haven't always been sleek and light and slimline. Once upon a time, technology had lots of wires and aerials! How things have changed huh?!

Anyone remember when mobile phones were like this?



Or what about when computers were like this?




Imagine trying to blog with that little beauty on your lap instead of your handy laptop or trusty smartphone?!




Today, I finished filing 3 years' worth of paperwork. Of all the tasks I've done so far, this was by far the most soul destroying and I'm so relieved it's out of the way. Husband and I have agreed we need to take some time out each month to sort and tidy away all the post we receive, rather than letting it all accumulate in a box. We'll see!
 
Husband has the day off work tomorrow so I'm planning on delegating some of the to-do list to him. Fingers crossed we'll clear a big chunk of the list and I'll have an extra positive challenge update for you tomorrow.
 
Visit the rest of #teamBuffy?

To find out Nyssapod's thoughts on "I, robot...you, Jane", head on over to minibreakmummy and from there you can access her daily audiboos. Please also show her some support for her own to-do list that she's started to tackle.
 
After that, head on over to Chapters of Claire and read Claire's days 6 and 7 post. If you can, leave her a comment to boost her spirits a little and to let her know it doesn't matter if she's a little behind, life likes to throw these curveballs at us and it's okay to catch up when she can.
 
Next, go and visit Made by Tamsin and check out her rock buns. No that's not a euphemism!

Finally, if you haven't had chance to yet, pop over to Margot and Barbara to read how Liz is feeling inspired to tidy and sort her house, starting with her bedroom.
 
Join In!

As I've been saying every day so far, there's still time for you to join #teambuffy and jump into the 4 remaining days of this challenge (oh my god! two thirds of the way through!). You don't have to be a fan of Buffy - you just have to have a desire to get rid of some of those jobs you've been putting off for a while.
 
See you tomorrow x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes those computers were huge! And ugly. And beige!

Mummygadgetgeek said...

I hate paperwork. I'm shuddering at the thought of it...

(giant bag upstairs to sort that I've hidden under the bed)

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates