Monday 5 December 2011

12 days of Buffy : never kill a boy on the first date

After yesterday's disappointment and the resultant big knock to my confidence, I woke up today determined to be kinder to myself, write yesterday off as a blip and not to be too quick to concede defeat.

For a change, I tackled my to-do list first and I managed to change the whole look of our dining room table from this:


To this:



I've also banned everyone in the house from putting anything on it EVER AGAIN!

I waited until the evening to settle down to watch episode 5 "never kill a boy on the first date" of Buffy's first season. Husband was out at muay thai, toddler was up in bed attempting to sleep (his monologue down the baby monitor was quite entertaining) and baby was latched on snoozing. All of which equalled peace at last for me!

Now this episode never springs to mind whenever I think about the opening season of Buffy even though it does serve to further the story arc about the Master's fiendish plans to escape his supernatural prison and cause chaos, yadda, yadda, yadda. Because of this, I was looking forward to watching it with fresh eyes and being able to astound you all with my amazing insights.

What actually happened was less than a 1/4 of the way into the episode, I spied Buffy wearing the most fabulous animal print hooded jacket and I then spent the next 2 hours trawling around the net desperately trying to find an image of it to show you. And not just any image, but one that will do its quirky cosy snugness true justice.

Unfortunately, this was the best I could do:



I cannot tell you how much I love this jacket. If I was a jacket, I would be this one without a doubt in my mind.

In the past, I had a tradition that I would get a new coat on my birthday. Well, it's been a few years since I've done this. In fact, the last time must've been in 2007, as I started on the pregnancy rollercoaster in 2008, and I suspect it was the whole baby bump/lack of funds combo that caused the tradition to stop.

I'm not great at shopping for clothes but I love shopping for a coat. I always know when I've found the right one because I can feel it speaking to me. Choosing a coat has always been one of the ways in which I've expressed my personality and I can't believe I'd forgotten that!

As from today, the yearly coat buying tradition is reinstated!

Yay, I just found a piece of me and it's all down to Buffy the Vampire Slayer!


This is what's left on my to-do list:

  • File away all the paperwork
  • Put locks on all the "un-safe" drawers/cupboards
  • Sort out the big box of books that's been sat in the conservatory for the last 3 years
  • Tidy and organise my craft table so if I wanted to, I could actually use it
  • Declutter the bedroom
  • Put locks on the bedside drawers
  • Make the boys some fleece trousers
  • Do some batch cooking
  • Do the Christmas shopping

And the biggest one of all:
  • Declutter and clean the spare bedroom before decorating it ready for the toddler to move into after his Boxing day birthday. The baby will then move into the nursery

Visit the rest of #teamBuffy?

To find out Nyssapod's thoughts on "never  kill a boy on the first date", head on over to Audioboo. You can also follow Nyssapod's progress at minibreakmummy. Starting from tomorrow, you'll also be able to follow Nyssapod via her written blog as she tackles her own to-do list. Keep showing her lots of support.

Don't forget to visit Chapters of Claire to find out how Claire's getting on with her to-do list.
 
And after that, go and visit Made by Tamsin who, inspired by this 12 days of Buffy challenge, has challenged herself to publish a post every day of the advent calendar.

Join In!
 
Finally, and as I've been saying every day so far, there's still time for you to join #teambuffy and jump into the 7 remaining days of this challenge. You don't have to be a fan of Buffy - you just have to have a desire to get rid of some of those jobs you've been putting off for a while. If I can do it so can you!
 
See you tomorrow x

2 comments:

MargotBarbara said...

Well done on getting back on track with your challenge - and I LOVE the coat plan - you see, I told you Buffy had a coat for every occasion!!

Kate - @scattymumofboys said...

You do not believe how much better you have made me feel seeing your dining room table! Ours was practically the same (Hobbycraft bags galore) up until 2 days ago. Most of the craft stuff is now in garage waiting to be sorted into drawers etc ho hum, save that for another day :-) x

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates